Education at Home

Sometimes parents and cares choose to provide their child’s education at home. This is sometimes called home schooling or education ‘Otherwise’ than in school.

Parents and carers who teach their children at home may decide to do this for a number of reasons, possibly because they have firm views about education.

We’ve produced a set of guidelines for parents and carers who want to provide their child’s education at home, rather than by attending school.

These guidelines offer advice on:

  • How to arrange your child's education at home
  • The learning environment
  • Your responsibilities
  • Our role as the local authority
  • Frequently asked questions
  • Other sources of help and advice

Read and download our Education at Home guidelines below:

Education at Home Guidelines

Was this information helpful?
Was this information helpful?