We have pledged our support to Ukraine and the Ukrainian families who have been forced to flee from the war.
Homes for Ukraine (H4U) scheme
This national scheme allows Ukrainian nationals and their family members to come to the UK if they have a named sponsor under the Homes for Ukraine scheme.
If you'd like to register your interest in sponsoring a Ukrainian individual or family, there's a two step process to follow:
- Register your interest on GOV.UK
- Register on recognised providers lists to match to a Ukrainian family
You should provide accommodation for as long as possible, with a minimum expectation of six months.
Once you've registered, we will contact you at the appropriate time.
Sponsors will receive:
- a monthly £350 'thank you' payment from the government
- support from the Council
People arriving under the scheme are able to:
- live and work in the UK for up to three years
- access healthcare, benefits, employment support, education and English language tuition
Homes for Ukraine support from the Council
We're aware that people are arriving at sponsor households across the county.
There are certain things councils must do as part of the process. In Rutland, we provide:
- DBS checks and police national computer checks
- sponsor initial home visits and property checks
- safeguarding checks for host and guest families within 48 hours of guest arrivals
- a welcome information pack - this includes free SIM cards for six months, free bus passes, bicycle loan scheme and more
- guidance on education
- support to apply for benefits
- community integration events, contact visits and telephone calls
- English classes and activities
- advice and guidance on a range of Homes for Ukraine subjects
- regular newsletters
- administration for payments to host families (£350 each month)
If you have questions about sponsoring a guest or to find out more about the support we can provide, email our Ukraine team - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ukraine Family Scheme
This scheme allows applicants to join family members, or extend their stay, in the UK. Everyone must make a separate application, even children travelling with a family member.
It's free to apply.
You will be able to live, work and study in the UK and access public funds.
Other ways to help
There are other ways you can offer support to families affected by the war - this includes donating money and essential items.