We need to know about any changes in your household that could affect how much Council Tax you pay.
If you have a change to tell us about, please complete the webform below. Alternatively, please download, complete and return our Change of Circumstance form.
Changes can include:
- Moving into or out of a property
- Getting married, separated or divorced
- A change of name
- Someone older than 18 has left or moved in
- Someone older than 18 has become or stopped being a student
- Someone older than 18 has become an apprentice
- Someone has gone into care or prison
- You have had to adapt your home due to a disability
General Data Protection Regulation
Rutland County Council is the data controller for the personal information you may provide. You can contact us by phone on 01572 722577, via email to email@example.com by writing to us at Data Protection, Catmose House, Oakham, Rutland. LE156HP
Your information will be used so that we can administer your council tax account and collect council tax from you in accordance with the requirements of the Local Government Finance Act 1992 (and any subsequent legislation and regulations which apply)
Your personal data may be shared with other teams within the council in order to provide a service to you, to ensure our records are kept up to date or otherwise where we are required to do so under other legislation. We may also share it with other local authorities, civil enforcement agents and other organisations to make sure that your information is accurate; to prevent or detect crime and to pursue debtors to protect public funds. We may share the data with third parties if we are required by law to do so, this may include the Police or Government Agencies. We will not sell your data or use it for marketing purposes without your consent.
We will keep your data for seven years. This is in accordance with current legislation.
You have the following rights under the GDPR. Please note not all of these rights apply to all processing. Further details on each right can be found on our website (https://www.rutland.gov.uk)
- The right to be informed.
- The right of access.
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights related to automated decision making, including profiling’
If you are not happy with the way the council is handling your personal information you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.