Fostering support and payments
We offer professional training, along with practical, emotional and financial support to help our foster carers develop.
- money to cover everyday expenses and activities
- annual loyalty payment
- regular support from a supervising social worker, so you're never alone
- expert training and an opportunity to develop new skills - online and in person
- support and advice from other Rutland foster carers
- free membership to the National Association of Therapeutic Parents
- free access to the Fostering Network
- out of hours telephone support line and emergency duty team
Payments of allowances
All our foster carers receive a fostering allowance for each child in placement. This is paid to cover all costs in relation to looking after children and young people.
In most cases it enables carers to meet all normal needs of foster children at the standard of an average family. However, in certain circumstances, other exceptional costs may be met.
Our basic weekly allowance is more than the government’s recommended minimum allowance.
|Age group||Weekly basic allowance||Festivity allowance||Birthday Allowance|
|0 to 4 years||£145||£145||£145|
|5 to 10 years||£165||£165||£165|
|11 to 15 years||£206||£206||£206|