Join our fostering panel
Skilled and committed foster carers provide safe and protective environments for children and young people every day in Rutland.
Can you help foster children find a supportive home?
We are recruiting members to our fostering panel. We would like to recruit members from a wide range of backgrounds.
Our fostering panel plays a vital and very important role in assessing the suitability of people who become foster carers in Rutland.
What do we do?
- we consider applications for approval and recommend whether or not a person is suitable to act as a foster carer.
- we monitor and advise on the procedures for undertaking reviews of foster carers.
- we hold annual reviews and other vital processes to make sure our children are being cared for by the very best, committed carers.
- we make recommendations on any other matters relating to fostering regulations.
- we attend bi-monthly panel meetings.
Who makes up the panel?
- the chair - who will be responsible for leading and directing the panel
- the vice-chair
- a panel advisor
- a social worker
- people who want to make a difference to the lives of Rutland's children and young people who are in the foster system.
How much time will I have to commit?
- meetings will usually take place at the minimum bi-monthly and a maximum of once a month
- training twice a year
- time to read through the papers before meetings.
If you become a member of panel you will be paid for the meetings you attend as well as any training and development sessions.
You will also have a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and be asked to provide references.