Buying, selling and collecting licences
If you want to collect money from a street in Rutland, you’ll need a permit from our licencing team.
The term ‘street’ includes any footpath, highway or public place.
A permit is not required if the collection is to take place on private land.
Street collections are free and anyone can apply providing they are over 16 years of age.
Applications must be in the form prescribed by us and should be made at least 28 days in advance of the proposed collection.
Applications should be accompanied by:
- particulars of any contracts with any charity which is to benefit from this collection
- list of trustees
- previous years accounts
- literature on organisation(s) which will benefit
A return form must be completed following the collection and emailed to email@example.com or posted to Licencing, Rutland County Council, Catmose, Oakham, Rutland LE15 6HP.
We do not have byelaws controlling busking, but we advise you to follow these guidelines:
- not making too much noise
- not blocking public highways (footpaths, pavements, open pedestrian areas)
- not displaying notices asking for payment
- not carrying out street trading (you need a street trading licence for this)
- only busking in certain parts of the town or for a limited period of time
Children under 14 aren’t allowed to busk.