There is a wide range of financial advice and support available in Rutland. We have organised this below into some themes to help you to find the right service for you.
Citizens Advice Rutland offer a comprehensive money advice service, covering priority and non-priority debts, negotiated payment plans, court action, bailiffs, repossession and insolvency. They can also help you to learn to budget.
Priority debts include rent, council tax, water, electricity and gas and TV licence. Non-priority debts include credit cards, bank or family loans and HP agreements.
Whatever your issue, a good starting point is the government’s MoneyHelper website, that has information and resources to help you manage your money and keep up with bills.
If you are worried about debt, speaking to a trained and experienced debt adviser about your situation could help you decide what to do.
- Citizen's Advice Rutland
- housing and homelessness support from our housing options team
- P3 - Rutland Housing & Homelessness Floating Support Service
- extra help to pay rent, council tax or emergencies
- Citizens Advice Rutland
- Money Helper - free of charge advice in person, over the phone and online
- Bankruptcy Advice Online
- IVA.org - Debt Advice
- Mental Health and Money Toolkit - understand, manage and improve both your mental and financial health.
- LEAP Local Energy Advice Programme
- Warm Home Discount
- Melton and District Furniture Project
- Oakham Food Bank - also in Uppingham
- Community fridges in Uppingham and Oakham
- Benefits you may be entitled to - check on Gov.UK
- Funding for carers
- Paying for childcare - a number of options are available
- MY BIKE - free access to sustainable transport to help people on low incomes or facing additional challenges into education, training, employment and recreation.To find out more email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01572 722 577.
- Mental Health and Money Advice - Clear, practical advice and support for people experiencing issues with mental health and money.