Highways England are responsible for road signs on all motorway and trunk roads.
We are responsible for all other A, B and C class roads, and most unclassified roads.
Signs we provide and fund:
- advisory signs - for example reduce speed now, village names plates with a safety message, unsuitable for heavy goods vehicles
- direction signs to guide and direct traffic
- information signs - for example weigh limit ahead, diversion
- regulatory signs - for example speed limit or waiting restrictions
- warning signs - for example bend, junction, road narrows, ice
- car park signs for car parks we own and manage
- pedestrian finger post sings, in some locations
- street name plates
Tourism and neighbourhood watch signs are funded by the applicant.
Our Signs Guidance and Street Furniture Policy has more information.
How to report an issue
If the issue is causing an immediate danger to the safety of the public, this is classed as an emergency - call us on 01572 722 577 during office hours. Out of hours Call Harborough Lifeline on 01858 464 499.