We must keep a register of people and associations who are interested in acquiring serviced plots of land in Rutland for custom or self-build homes.
We're assessing the level of demand for self-build and custom build housing development in the area. Self and custom build are defined as:
- self-build - projects where individuals or groups directly organise the design and construction of their new home(s)
- custom build – projects where individuals or groups work with a specialist developer to help deliver their new home(s)
As of 31 October 2022, there are 27 people/associations on Part 1 of the register.
We are not making a commitment to provide self-build or custom house building plots.We do not help individual self-build or custom house builders to find or secure plots - you can get advice from The Self Build Portal.
By registering, you'll help us understand:
- the level of interest in this type of development
- the type of projects that might be appropriate in Rutland
How to register
You can register your interest as an individual or on behalf of an association. You or each member of your organisation must meet the criteria to apply:
- be aged over 18
- be a British citizen, a national of a European Economic Area (EAA) state or Switzerland
- meet the local connection test
- pay a £79 registration fee
- be looking to acquire a serviced plot of land in Rutland to build a house to occupy as your sole or main residence
If you're applying as a couple or two or more members of one household, you'll only have to pay one £79 registration fee, but each of you will need to meet the local connection test.
If you're applying on behalf of an association, each member must pay a £79 registration fee and meet the local connection test.
The local connection test:
You or each member of your organisation