We are consulting on the Regulation 18 Preferred Options for the new Local Plan.
This is the first draft of our new Local Plan for Rutland and contains the Vision, Objectives, Spatial Strategy and Planning Policy framework which we consider will best address the challenges and utilise the unique opportunities that face Rutland now and in the future.
The draft Local Plan has been informed by the responses we received to our Issues and Option Consultation in Summer 2022. It has also been informed by the new and updated evidence base that has been prepared, this includes research on specific issues relating to the Plan and range from; Retail and Town Centre to Climate Change and Viability, as well as emerging Council and Regional strategies.
This document looks and reads like a new Local Plan, but it is still a work in progress. We welcome your comments and ideas on how it can be improved to best creat a happy, healthy and well Rutland for all.
The easiest way to view and comment on the plan is via the online portal.
All the proposed and reserve allocations can be viewed on our Interactive Map.
Alongside the Regulation 18 consultation, we are also inviting comment on:
- Minerals and Waste Safeguarding Area Methodology (August 2023)
- Sustainability Appraisal (SEA/SA) (November 2023)
- Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA) (November 2023)
The Equality Impact Assessment (EqIA) is a tool that helps to ensure all policies are fair and do not discriminate against any protected group.
The draft new Local Plan together with relevant background and supporting documents are also available for inspection at the following locations:
- at all libraries in the county (Oakham, Uppingham, Ketton and Ryhall) during normal opening hours
- at the Customer self-service area, Rutland County Council Offices, Catmose House, Catmos Street, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6HP (9am to 4.45pm Monday - Thursday, 9am to 4.15pm Friday)
Other ways to comment on the draft Local Plan:
- email your comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- send a letter to: Local Plan, Rutland County Council Offices, Catmose House, Catmos Street, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6HP
- drop your comments into the post box at the customer self-service area, Rutland County Council Offices, Catmose House, Catmos Street, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6HP
Responses must be received before Consultation closes at 4pm on Monday 8 January 2024.
Regulation 18 draft Local Plan document and chapters:
- Regulation 18 draft Local Plan
- Foreword to Regulation 18 draft Local Plan
- Chapter 1 - Introduction
- Chapter 2 - Spatial Portrait
- Chapter 3 - Vision and Objectives
- Chapter 4 - Climate Change
- Chapter 5 - Spatial Strategy
- Chapter 6 - Housing
- Chapter 7 - Economy
- Chapter 8 - Sustainable Communities
- Chapter 9 - Environment
- Chapter 10 - Minerals and Waste
- Chapter 11 - Infrastructure and Delivery
- Appendix 1 - Strategic Policies
- Appendix 2 - List of policies to be replaced
- Appendix 3 - Open Space Standards
- Appendix 4 - Designated Heritage Standards
- Appendix 5 - Parking Standards
- Appendix 6 - Permitted Sites for Minerals
- Appendix 7 - Waste Assessment
- Inset Maps Booklet
- Rutland Proposals Map
- Rutland Inset Map (A0 Inset)