Minerals and waste planning evidence
Local Aggregates Assessment
The National Planning Policy Framework requires Mineral Planning Authorities to plan for a steady and adequate supply of aggregates by preparing a Local Aggregates Assessment (LAA).
The LAA must:
- forecast the demand for aggregates based on average 10 year sales data
- include other relevant local information
- analyse all aggregate supply options
- assess the balance between demand and supply
Local Waste Needs Assessment
The assessment provides information about waste in Rutland including:
- how much waste is produced
- how it's managed
- waste arisings and movements
- existing and future waste management capacity
The document will help inform the plan making process. It also takes account of current policy requirements (including targets), data and other information.