The Local Plan evidence base contains the reports and studies which have helped to shape Rutland's planning policies.
The Equality Impact Assessment (EqIA) is a tool that helps to ensure all policies are fair and do not discriminate against any protected group.
Issues and Options consultation responses
The Issues and Options consultation ran from Thursday 30 June until Friday 30 September 2022. The document was made up of themed sections, setting out options for how we could approach the development of the policies. The responses received have helped us shape the draft Local Plan for the Regulation 18 Consultation.
Detailed responses and officer responses by section:
- Local Plan Vision and Strategic Objectives
- Issue 1: Tackling Climate Change
- Issue 2: Determining the appropriate level and location of growth
- Issue 3: Meeting identified current and future housing need
- Issue 4: Enabling a prosperous and resilient economy, linked to levels of housing growth
- Issue 5: Supporting vibrant town centres and a network of local centres to serve local retail and service needs
- Issue 6: Enabling safer and stronger communities, supported with viable and accessible community and cultural facilities
- Issue 7: Promoting sustainable and active modes of travel
- Issue 8: Ensuring new development is well designed to encourage active and healthy lifestyles and address health inequalities
- Issue 9: Conserving and enhancing Rutland's historic assets
- Issue 10: Protecting and enhancing the county's biodiversity, wildlife habitats, Green and Blue infrastructure, and open spaces
- Issue 11: Addressing minerals and waste requirements alongside environmental considerations
- Issue 12: Ensuring development is supported by essential infrastructure and services
- Miscellaneous Responses