There are two types of search:
- Form LLC1 - official search of the register showing if there are any charges affecting the land or property
- Form CON29 - has two parts: standard questions on things like local plan policies, planning applications and building regulations, and optional enquiries on advertisements, pipelines, common land and village greens
We have joined the National Land Charges Register managed by HM Land Registry - they provide LLC1 search responses.
Search the register on GOV.UK - you will need to sign in or create an account.
You must make an online payment before you submit your search request. Fees are (including VAT):
- CON29 only - £111
- Extra parcel fee CON29 - £24
- CON29(O) questions 4 to 22 - £18
- Additional typed enquiry - £44
Download and complete the application form and email to email@example.com, along with:
- a plan that shows the area to be searched clearly marked in red
- your payment details - proof of payment
We also accept searches made online using:
We will respond to you within five to seven working days, unless we need more information or you pay the incorrect fee.
If we can provide a search response in less than five working days, we will - but we do not offer an expedited search service.