We are a Commons Registration Authority - this means we:
- hold the registers of all common land and town and village greens in Rutland
- process applications to register new town or village greens
- process applications to amend the registers
To view the registers or maps for village greens and common land, contact our land charges to team: email@example.com.
How to register
Landowner statements are deposited to protect land against claims for public rights of way or village green rights.
We maintain a register of information about statements deposited under Section 31(6) of the Highway Act 1980 and Section 15A of the Commons Act 2006 - download the register.
You can make a corrective application to amend the registers to:
- correct a mistake made by us when making or amending an entry in the register
- remove buildings or land wrongly registered as common land or a town or village green