Home > Pay, Report and Apply Online > Council Tax - a change of address - I'm moving in

Report a change of address - I'm moving in

Mandatory field

Council Tax - I'm moving in

You must complete and return this form within 21 days

I need to establish for the records, the person/s responsible for paying the Council Tax relating to this dwelling. In order to obtain this information, you are required to tell me the name of the person/s over the age of 18 years, with the greatest legal interest in the dwelling. This information is also required to assess joint liability.
You are required by law to supply occupation information
Please complete as full as possible, including title, forenames and surname. 
Legal Interest is: Owner, Housing Association tenant, Shared ownership with a Housing Association, Privately rented, Sub-tenant, Resident only (with no right to occupy) 
Tenant 1
Tenant 2
Tenant 3
Is the property furnished
Please tick your preferred method of payment. 
Annual and half year payments are available on request
Direct Debit
Allpay card
I declare that the information provided is correct and I understand that if I have made a false declaration, I may be subject to a penalty being imposed.
The information you have provided on this form will enable us to issue you with your council tax bill for the property address stated. Failure to provide the information requested could result in you being billed from an incorrect date. 
Methods of Payment 
If you have chosen Direct Debit as your method of payment, once you have received your first bill or Council Tax Account Number, please call us on 01572 722577 and this can be set up over the phone. We offer a choice of payment dates, 1st, 15th or 24th
Exemptions and Discounts 
There are various exemptions and discounts available to taxpayers who meet the relevant criteria. For more information about these please see the ‘Living in Rutland’ booklet issued with your bill or telephone 01572 722577. 
In order to comply with the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which comes into effect in May 2018, we have to provide you with information about the personal data you give to us. 
This information is set out below: 
Rutland County Council is the data controller for the personal information you may provide. You can contact us by phone on 01572 722577, via email to dataprotection@rutland.gov.uk or by writing to us at Data Protection, Catmose House, Oakham, Rutland. LE156HP 
Your information will be used so that we can administer your council tax account and collect council tax from you in accordance with the requirements of the Local Government Finance Act 1992 (and any subsequent legislation and regulations which apply) 
Your personal data may be shared with other teams within the council in order to provide a service to you, to ensure our records are kept up to date or otherwise where we are required to do so under other legislation.  We may also share it with other local authorities, civil enforcement agents and other organisations to make sure that your information is accurate; to prevent or detect crime and to pursue debtors to protect public funds. We may share the data with third parties if we are required by law to do so, this may include the Police or Government Agencies.  We will not sell your data or use it for marketing purposes without your consent. 
We will keep your data for seven years. This is in accordance with current legislation. 
You have the following rights under the GDPR.  Please note not all of these rights apply to all processing.  Further details on each right can be found on our website https://www.rutland.gov.uk 
• The right to be informed.   
• The right of access.   
• The right to rectification 
• The right to erasure 
• The right to restrict processing 
• The right to data portability 
• The right to object 
• Rights related to automated decision making, including profiling 
If you are not happy with the way the council is handling your personal information you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.