We provide a bulky waste collection service for household items such as washing machines or mattresses. An appointment date will be given to you at the time of your request. Your items will be collected within 48 hours of the date allocated.
Before asking us to collect your old items, which will be recycled or sent for energy recovery, it may be suitable to donate the item to a charity.
Alternatively, you could ask the supplier if they provide a service to remove and dispose of the old item. If they don’t, another option would be to take them to your local civic amenity site (rubbish tip).
If you would like to book a bulky waste collection, please contact our Customer Services on 01572 722577
All large bulky household items need to be left outside your property where it is easy to gain access for their removal.
We will take up to four items per collection, including the following:
- White goods such as Washing Machines and Fridges
- Carpets (must be manageable by two people, rolled and tied)
- Suites (a three piece suite counts as 3 items)
- Beds ( a bed and mattress counts as two separate items)
- Bags of Household Waste (two black bags will count as 1 item)
- Garden sheds (maximum size 8ft x6ft, glass removed, nails hammered down and dismantled) Please note, this will count as 4 items
Please remember that any items containing glass must be wrapped in an old blanket or something similar.
We are unable to collect the following items:
- Garden waste
- Soil, bricks, concrete or rubble
- Tyres and car parts
- Cast iron boilers or baths
- Gas bottles
- Garage doors and window frames
- Oil tanks
- Large sheds (bigger than 8ft x 6ft)
This service costs £32, for up to four items . If you receive local council tax support you can receive up to four free collections each year.