We administer the Emma Molesworth Trust Fund, a fund which offers support to Rutland residents who take agricultural related courses.
Grants may be awarded for:
- course materials and equipment
- travel to college or university
- course fees
- special projects in relation to such a course, e.g. field trips, work placements
Funding duration is one year.
Am I eligible?
You're eligible to apply if you:
- normally live in Rutland
- are enrolled or planning to enrol on a course to study an agricultural subject
- are a student studying at university or a further education college in the European Union
- work in the agricultural industry and want to take a short course of further training
You have a reduced eligibility if you have an annual unearned private income (excluding parental contributions) exceeding £5000 or capital (other than house and car) in excess of £8000.
What is the maximum grant available?
The maximum grant for short courses is 50% of the course fee application, up to a grant payment maximum of £500.
The maximum grant for long courses, which must be considered at the Advisory Committees (held twice per year), is discretionary and in response to the total overall cost of the course application. Typically a long course application might receive up to £1,500 per annum as a contribution to a larger long course fee. The use of the grant can be towards:
- books, materials and equipment
- travel to college, university
- course fees
- special projects in relation to such a course. e.g. field trips, work placements
How to apply
Applications can be made at any time. The Advisory Committee meets twice a year.
To apply, download and complete either the long or short course form and return to:
Rutland County Council, Catmose House, Catmos Street, Oakham, Rutland LE15 6HP.
If you need more information, call us on: 01572 722577
Other funding you may be able to apply for:
Deakin and Combe Memorial Trust education grants
The trust will grant awards to those who are studying, or about to study, and agriculture-related course in the 2022/23 academic year, and whose parent(s) or grandparent(s) have contributed to the industry in England or Wales.
Apply for a Deakin and Combe Memorial Trust education grant (nfuonline)