The Emma Molesworth Trust Fund is administered by Rutland County Council and supports Rutland residents undertaking agricultural related courses.
Grants may be awarded for course materials and equipment, travel to college or university, accommodation, course fees, special projects in relation to such a course, e.g. field trips, work placements.
How do I know if I am eligible?
You are eligible if:
- you normally reside in the County of Rutland
- you are enrolled or planning to enrol on a course to study agriculture, horticulture, or related agricultural subjects
- students studying at University and Further Education Colleges within the European Union are eligible to apply, as are people who work in the agricultural industry who want to undertake short courses of further training
- applicants with annual unearned private income (excluding parental contributions) exceeding £5000 or capital (other than house and car) in excess of £8000 have a reduced eligibility
What is the maximum grant available?
The maximum grant for short courses is 50% of the course fee application, up to a grant payment maximum of £500.
The maximum grant for long courses, which must be considered at the Advisory Committees (held twice per year), is discretionary and in response to the total overall cost of the course application. Typically a long course application might receive up to £1,500 per annum as a contribution to a larger long course fee. The use of the grant can be towards:
- books, materials and equipment
- travel to college, university
- course fees
- special projects in relation to such a course. e.g.field trips, work placements
Funding applies to: Residents of Rutland
Funding duration: 1 year
Contacts and how to apply
Administrative contact and how to apply:
Applications should be made by completing one of the following forms and returning them to:
Rutland County Council, Catmose House, Catmos Street, Oakham, Rutland LE15 6HP.
Application form (Long Courses)
Application Form (short courses)
If you require any further information please telephone 01572 722577.
When do I apply?
Applications can be made at any time. The Advisory Committee meets to consider special applications twice a year.