School meals in Rutland primary schools consist of a hot two-course meal.
All menus are in line with the national nutritional standards (School Food Trust website).
Copies of menus are available to view in school.
Benefits of School Meals
The benefits of choosing a school meals are:
- They represent excellent value for money
- Your child will eat a meal they enjoy and try new foods they might not otherwise have eaten
- Your child will develop important social skills by eating with their friends
- Eating in a safe and supervised environment
- To save you time preparing a packed meal every day
More information about nutrition and school lunches
Free School Meals – To check if you are eligible please contact your child's school
Parents do not have to pay for school lunches if they receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on paid 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after the 1st of April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child may also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
- Younger then the compulsory age for starting school
- In full-time education
If your Child is eligible for free school meals, they will remain eligible until they finish the phase of school schooling (primary or secondary) they're in on 31st of March 2022.
Infant free school meals in England?
Your child will be able to get free school meals if they're in a government funded school and in:
- Reception class
- Year 1
- Year 2
What if my circumstances change?
You should notify the school of any changes:
- If you start work and come off benefit
- If you change address
- If your child changes school