30 hours free childcare

You may be able to get 30 hours free childcare if:

  • You live in England
  • Your child is 3 to 4 years old

The childcare:

  • Must be with an approved childcare provider
  • Stops when your child starts in reception class (or reaches compulsory school age, if later)

You may have to pay for extra costs like meals, nappies or trips.

You can apply online for a childcare account to get a code for 30 hours to give to your provider:

Find out more and sign up on gov.uk

 Find an Ofsted registered childcare provider

Disability Access Fund

The Disability Access Funding (DAF) is funding for early years providers to support children with disabilities or special educational needs. It aids access to early years places by supporting providers in making reasonable adjustments to their settings.

Providers taking three- and four-year-olds that are eligible for the Disability Access Funding will be entitled to receive a one-off payment of up to £615 per year. The Disability Access Funding is not based on an hourly rate and is an additional entitlement.

Children do not have to take up the full 570 hours of early education they are entitled to in order to receive the Disability Access Funding. Children in receipt of the Disability Access Funding will be eligible when they take-up any period of funded entitlement.

For further information email the early education support team: EarlyEducationSupportTeam@Rutland.gov.uk

Foster carers

Since September 2018 foster carers have been able to apply for fostered children where the following criterion is met:

  • accessing the extended hours is consistent with the child's care plan, placing the child at the centre of the process and decision making, and
  • If in a two parent family, when both partners are foster carers, both must engage in any amount of paid work outside their role as a foster carer. If one partner is not a foster carer they must meet the main criteria for working the equivalent of 16 hours a week at the national minimum or living wage as outlined above.
  • If in a single parent foster family, the foster parent must also engage in any amount of paid work outside their role as foster carer.

For further information email early education support team: EarlyEducationSupportTeam@Rutland.gov.uk

Was this information helpful?
Was this information helpful?
Was this information helpful?