Home > My Services > Planning and Building Control > Planning > Planning Policy > Planning Policy, including Housing Strategy

Planning Policy, including Housing Strategy

May 2018

The following privacy notice applies to Planning Policy service, including Housing Strategy.

In order to provide this service, it is necessary for the Council to collect, store and process some personal information.  Rutland County Council is the data controller for the personal information collected.  

Purposes of processing your personal data

We need to process your personal information in order to prepare Planning Policy documents and Housing Strategy policies, in particular when dealing with consultation responses and submissions for consideration.

Consulting on the preparation of a Local Plan is a statutory duty under the Town and Country Planning Act and is carried out in line with the Council's published Statement of Community Involvement (SCI).  There are also a number of other planning documents which support this, such as Neighbourhood Plans (produced by Parish and Town Councils and any designated Neighbourhood Forums), Supplementary Planning Documents and Community Infrastructure Levy policy documents.  The Council also has to prepare a number of policy documents to support our strategic and operational housing duties.

We have to collect information on payment, delivery, feasibility, needs and conformity with requirements.  We also process information needed for evidence base documents and assessment of requirements, including information from Energy Performance Certificate datasets and housing needs information.

Categories of personal data and lawful basis

In order to provide this service, we may need to process some or all of the following categories of personal information:

  • contact details;
  • date of birth;
  • housing needs information.
  • Consultees may also sometimes provide unsolicited personal information as part of their consultation responses.

 Who we share your personal data with

  • Organisations and individuals with a right to see it under the Freedom of Information Act, Environmental Information Regulations and other relevant legislation.
  • Other local authorities, consultants and organisations that are providing services on the Council’s behalf or providing evidence base or monitoring information for the Council, either directly or through a partnership.
  • The Planning Inspectorate where appropriate.


Was this information helpful?
Was this information helpful?