We are reviewing the Local Plan in order to extend the plan period to 2036 and to provide for any additional new housing, employment or other development that may be needed over the extended plan period.
Consultation Draft Plan
PLEASE NOTE: At the request of the site promoter the site boundary of OAK/13 has been amended to reflect their ownership. Please see amended map in the downloads section opposite.
We are consulting on the Draft Local Plan Review until 25th September 2017. Comments may be sent to the Council by using the on-line response form or by downloading the response form and sending this to the Council.
Copies of the Draft Plan may be viewed in all Rutland Libraries and at the Council Offices in Oakham.
We will be running a community roadshow at the following locations and times where Planning Officers will be available to discuss your views and help you to submit your comments:
- Little Casterton Church: 3rd August 2017 (12pm - 3pm)
- Ketton Library: 9th August 2017 (2pm - 5.30pm)
- Ryhall Library: 17th August 2017 (2pm - 6pm)
- Uppingham Library: 22nd August 2017 (3pm - 6pm)
- Victoria Hall, Oakham: 2nd September (10am-1pm)
- Ketton Library: 6th September (2pm-5:30pm)
- Whissendine Village Hall: 12th September 2017 (4pm-7pm)
- Greetham Community Centre: 14th September 2017 (4pm-7pm)
- Cottesmore Village Hall: 19th September 2017 (4pm-6.45pm)
Details of the evidence base supporting the preparation of the Local Plan Review can be viewed on our Local Plan Evidence Base webpage.
For more information please email email@example.com or telephone 01572 722577 and ask for the Planning Policy section.
Call for Sites
This consultation provided an early opportunity for developers, landowners, town and parish councils, and other interested parties to put forward potential development sites to us for consideration in the plan.
All the sites submitted to us will be subject to further assessment. Any sites considered suitable for inclusion in the Local Plan will be subject to further consultation through the Local Plan process.
Issues and Options
We published an Issues and Options consultation document as a first stage in reviewing the Local Plan. This sought views on 20 key questions to be considered in the plan and the possible options for dealing with these issues.