Information on Village Greens and Common Land and how to register a new village green or to amend the registers.
We are the Commons Registration Authority and we hold the registers of all Common Land and Town or Village Greens across Rutland. We:
- Maintain the registers of Common Land and Town or Village Greens
- Process applications to register new Town or Village Greens
- Process applications to amend the registers
You can view the register at the Council Offices, Catmose, Oakham. Please contact Land Charges on 01572 758 320 to arrange an appointment.
You can download Application Form 44 and guidance notes to register a new Village Green from: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/town-and-village-greens-how-to-register
Maps for Village Greens and Common land
You can view the areas of land that are registered as Common Land and Village Greens on our spatial mapping system
This map is not the legal record of common land and village greens and shouldn’t be used for legal purposes, it is intended soley as a guide. Should you require an offical answer regarding common land and village greens, please contact our Land Charges team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Landowner statements can prevent land being registered as a town or village green.
We maintain a register of maps, statements and declarations.
You can view Land Owner Statements on our spatial mapping system Land Owner Statements.
You can download Application Form CA16 and guidance notes to register a new Village Green from: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/town-and-village-greens-how-to-register
Corrective applications can be made to amend the registers in the following circumstances:
- The correction of a mistake by us in making or amending an entry in the Registers of Common land or Town or Village Green
- The removal of buildings/land wrongly registered as Common land or Town or Village Green