We provide a helpful housing advice service and maintain Rutland's housing register which anyone can apply to join.
Spire Homes and other Housing Associations own around 1,900 homes in Rutland. To be considered for a Housing Association property you need to be listed on our Housing Register and meet our eligibility criteria.
Once registered, our Housing Options Team puts applicants forward for consideration by the Housing Associations.
If you're threatened with homelessness please let us know as we may be able to help.
How to apply for housing
You can apply for housing using our Housing Form.
Please note: Registration does not guarantee that an offer of accommodation will be made.
To find out more please download our Guidance for applying to join the Housing Register
Or for further assistance please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also call in to our offices:
Rutland County Council
To join the Housing Register, you will need to answer ‘yes’ to at least one of the following statements below. There are separate qualification criteria for people serving in the Armed Forces and their families.
To qualify to join the Housing Register you will usually need to answer yes to at least one of the following:
- I have lived in Rutland for the last year, or for three out of the last five years
- I have worked in Rutland (for at least 16 hours per week on average) for the last year, or for three out of the last five years
- I have an immediate family member who has lived in Rutland for the last three years (this does not have to be someone who lives with you)
- I am a social housing tenant from outside Rutland who wishes to move here to take/keep a firm job in Rutland, to avoid hardship for myself or another family member (Right To Move)
- I have been assessed by the Council as unintentionally homeless, in priority need and with a local connection (where required) under homelessness legislation
- I have an urgent medical or social need to move and a strong Rutland connection
- I am 16/17 years old and being looked after by Rutland County Council
- I would like to move to lower demand supported/sheltered accommodation
- I am already a social housing tenant in Rutland (and want/need to move)