Drink and drugs

Alcohol is consumed by the majority of adults in a responsible way, however, a significant number of adults and young people find their drinking causes problems which may be harmful or hazardous.

If you, or someone you know, are concerned about the amount of alcohol being consumed, further local help is available:

  • talk to your GP or practice nurse, who can offer advice and refer you to suitable help
  • discuss your concerns with a community pharmacist
  • Drinkaware gives guidance and advice on the safe consumption and effects of alcohol
  • Young Addiction provides advice to young people and is able to offer support if they have concerns about parental drinking
  • Talk to Frank is a 24-hour confidential helpline for young people, parents and carers with questions about drugs or alcohol
  • Alcohol Concern is a charity which supports those affected by alcohol. Call the Drink-line helpline on 0300 123 1110

Turning Point provide an integrated substance misuse service for Rutland and work with anyone affected by drugs or alcohol who wants support  to make changes. They offer a variety of treatment options and will support you to find the right treatment for you. 

Was this information helpful?
Was this information helpful?
Was this information helpful?