Help for families of vulnerable children

Charities and volunteer groups

You can find local and national charities and volunteer groups offering support to adults, families and children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) on the Rutland Information Service directory.

If you are worried about a child or young person

We need you to report any concerns you may have about child abuse or child neglect.

Please look and listen out for signs that may indicate neglect or abuse:

  • Very young children being left on their own
  • Children looking dirty or not changing their clothes
  • Children are withdrawn or anxious
  • Aggressive or repeated shouting
  • Sounds of hitting or banging and things being broken
  • Children crying for long periods of time
  • Relatives denied access to talk to children by phone or video call

If you think something is wrong, please tell us straight away so we can check.

To report concerns about children’s welfare call 01572 758407 or email 

Always call 999 and ask for the police if you think a child is in immediate danger

Was this information helpful?
Was this information helpful?
Was this information helpful?