There are changes to the way our children's social care services are running at the moment, because of COVID-19. These changes include: assessments being completed virtually, socially distanced face to face meetings, some services only being available over the phone or email and some of our staff needing to wear PPE (personal protective equipment)
Skilled and committed foster carers provide safe and protective environments for children and young people every day in Rutland.
Can you help foster children find a supportive home?
We are recruiting members to our fostering panel. We would like to recruit members from a wide range of backgrounds.
Our fostering panel plays a vital and very important role in assessing the suitability of people who become foster carers in Rutland.
What do we do?
- we consider applications for approval and recommend whether or not a person is suitable to act as a foster carer.
- we monitor and advise on the procedures for undertaking reviews of foster carers.
- we hold annual reviews and other vital processes to make sure our children are being cared for by the very best, committed carers.
- we make recommendations on any other matters relating to fostering regulations.
- we attend bi-monthly panel meetings.
Who makes up the panel?
- the Chair - who will be responsible for leading and directing the panel
- the Vice-chair
- a panel advisor
- a social worker
- people who want to make a difference to the lives of Rutland's children and young people who are in the foster system.
How much time will I have to commit?
- meetings will usually take place at the minimum bi-monthly and a maximum of once a month
- training twice a year
- time to read through the papers before meetings.
If you become a member of panel you will be paid for the meetings you attend as well as any training and development sessions.
You will also have a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and be asked to provide references.
To find out more information about joining our panel, please email email@example.com or call 01572 758 259