We offer professional training, along with practical, emotional and financial support to help our foster carers develop.
- Money to cover everyday expenses and activities
- Regular support from a supervising social worker so you’re never alone
- Expert training and an opportunity to develop new skills
- Support and advice from other Rutland Foster Carers
- Free access to the fostering network
- Out of hours telephone support line and emergency duty team
Payment of allowances
All our foster carers receive a fostering allowance for each child in placement. This is paid to cover all costs in relation to looking after children and young people.
In most cases it enables carers to meet all normal needs of foster children at the standard of an average family. However, in certain circumstances, other exceptional costs may be met.
Our basic weekly allowance is more than the government’s recommended minimum allowance.
Fostering Payment of AllowancesSorry, no matching records were found
Find out more
If you think fostering is something you want to do, take a look at the steps to becoming a foster carer or contact us for further details.