Home > My Services > Health and family > Adult Social Care > Mental health support

Mental health support

Many people experience mental illness in their lives.

Depression, anxiety and stress are part of most of our lives at some point - and many of us sometimes need help to deal with these issues. 

If you're concerned about your mental health, contact your GP - they should be able to refer you to the help you need.

There are many services that your GP can refer you to, including:

  • Let's Talk Wellbeing
  • mental health facilitators          
  • counselling
  • community Mental Health Team
  • other specialist services – for example eating disorder services    

Our adult services duty desk offers help and advice on how you can get the support you need - you can call the team on 01572 758341.

Our adult social services teams work closely with Leicestershire Partnership Trust to provide a local integrated specialist mental health service.

Local health and social care services for people with serious mental health illness are treated by staff based in the community mental health team

After an assessment by the community mental health team, a number of different services will be available, if needed. These services range from hospital and medical services through to support services to help people remain as independent as possible in their community.

Find mental health support on the Rutland Information Service

Was this information helpful?
Was this information helpful?
Was this information helpful?