With queries please email Cemeteries or call 01572 722577
Please find below a list of funeral expenses for our cemetery
The following charges apply from 1 April 2021 and will be revised from 1 April 2022. The Council provides a cemetery at Kilburn Road, Oakham.
FEES FOR RESIDENTS OF RUTLAND
To qualify for Resident Purchase of Exclusive Right of Burial
(a) The Purchaser must be a resident of the County or;
(b) The Purchaser must be the nearest surviving relative (next of kin) of the deceased and the deceased was a resident of Rutland.
To qualify for Resident Burial Fees
(a) The deceased must be resident in Rutland at the date of death or
(b) The deceased was the owner of the Exclusive Right of Burial and was resident in Rutland at the time of purchase
(c) Where the deceased was previously a resident of Rutland and has been in residential care outside the County (whether in institutional care or to be cared for by relatives) for a period not exceeding 5 years.
NON RESIDENT FEES
The fees payable for the grant of exclusive burial rights and the interment fees shall be doubled where the deceased is not a resident in the County of Rutland as defined above.
In this section, the term 'interment fee' shall include an amount for the preparation of the grave and an administrative charge.
For the interment:
· of the body of a stillborn child or of the body of a child under the age of eighteen years – no charge
· of the body of a person whose age at death exceeded seventeen years –
· additional charge for interment at a depth exceeding five (5) feet £138.00
· of the interment of cremated remains £336.00
EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS OF BURIAL IN EARTHEN GRAVES
For the purpose of these provisions, the term 'child' shall mean a person under the age of eighteen years.
· Child's Grave £142.00
· Single grave up to five (5) feet in depth £2,223.00
FEES AND OTHER CHARGES FOR MONUMENTS, GRAVESTONES AND MONUMENTAL INSCRIPTIONS
All charges set out below include the cost levied by the council in respect of the first inscription
· A flat stone: on a single grave space £287.00 on a double grave space £397.00
· A headstone not exceeding three (3) feet in height £287.00exceeding three (3) feet but less than seven (7) feet in height £397.00
· A footstone: not exceeding three (3) feet £287.00 exceeding three (3) feet but less than seven (7) feet £397.00
· Kerb stones or border stones on a single grave £287.00 on a double grave space £397.00
· Vase: not exceeding twelve (12) inches in height £79.00 exceeding twelve (12) inches in height £86.00
· Tablet on any Grave, Gardens of Remembrance or in the Chapel (to include Vase in the Gardens of Remembrance): £79.00
· Any other Monument not exceeding two (2) feet in height on a single grave space £108.00 exceeding two (2) feet in height on a grave space £192.00
· Charge for additional inscriptions £68.00
· Charge for placing a vase not exceeding twelve (12) inches on a grave without exclusive right of burial £68.00
Reservation of Burial and Cremation Plots for the next available plot £87.00, for a chosen plot £107.00, for non-Rutland residents £128.00