Charging Orders

If you owe us more than £1,000 in Council Tax payments we can choose to apply for a Charging Order.

A Charging Order can only be applied if you own or part-own your property.

If a Charging Order is granted we will have a charge on your property. This means once the property is sold and any mortgage paid off, the Council Tax debt can be claimed from any equity that's left. 

It may also be possible for us to force the sale of your property.

Was this information helpful?
Was this information helpful?