Home > My Services > Council Tax > Non payment and recovery > Attachment of benefit

Attachment of benefit

If you owe Council Tax and are on Income Support, income-based Job Seeker's Allowance , Universal Credit or Pension Credit, we can apply to the Department for Work and Pensions for amounts to be taken from your Income Support or Pension Credit.

The current sum deducted is £3.70 per week. 

This will be paid to us on a monthly basis until your debt is cleared. We can’t deduct from retirement or invalidity pensions.


Was this information helpful?
Was this information helpful?