Home > My Services > Council Tax > Money off Council Tax > Council Tax Hardship Relief

Council Tax hardship relief

If you're struggling to pay your Council Tax bill we may be able to reduce the amount you pay for a short time.

To ask for hardship relief you will need to contact us and tell us:

  • Why you are struggling to pay
  • The amount you want to claim

You will also need to provide evidence and we may ask you for further information. Hardship relief is only awarded for exceptional reasons. If you are on a low income you may be able to claim local Council Tax support.    


Was this information helpful?
Was this information helpful?