Home > My Services > Council Tax > Money off Council Tax > Council Tax Banding Appeal

Council Tax Banding Appeal

You can appeal against your Council Tax valuation band if:

  • The value of your home has gone up because of building works 
  • The value of your home has gone down because of a demolition or any other physical change to the property’s location
  • Part of the property starts or stops being used for business

You can also appeal within six months of:

  • Moving home or having to pay Council Tax for the first time at your address
  • A change is made to the band by the Listing Officer

Any appeals regarding your Council Tax valuation band should be made to the Valuation Office Agency.

You must pay your Council Tax based on the current valuation band until the Listing Officer decides whether or not to change the band of the property. 

Was this information helpful?
Was this information helpful?