Correct a birth certificate

You can apply for a correction when the information on a certificate is wrong.  Corrections will incur a fee depending on who is legally allowed to make the correction: 

  • Rutland Register Office - £75
  • General Register Office - £90

All fees are payable to Rutland County Council by debit/credit card.     

Contact details

The Register Office
Rutland County Council
LE15 6HP

Telephone: 01572 758380


Correction Application Form

If you’re unsure who to apply to, please contact us on: 01572 758 380

Please see the Government website for more details on corrections to birth certificates including how to remove the incorrect father.
Was this information helpful?
Was this information helpful?