Date Published: 01 June 2018
Rutland Adult Learning and Skills Service (RALSS) has once again been rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted following its latest scheduled inspection.
Based at Oakham Enterprise Park, RALSS offers classroom learning and qualifications in English, maths, accounting and computers, as well as courses covering employability, life skills, arts and languages.
An intensive two-day inspection was carried out at RALSS in April. The subsequent report is the first to be produced since the service was judged to be good in June 2015 and has now been published. Among other highlights, the RALSS team was pleased that inspectors noted:
- the RALSS curriculum specifically meets the needs of local communities
- teaching staff are highly qualified and enthusiastic about their subjects
- service users comment on the high quality teaching and learning they receive
- tutors have high expectations of their learners
- the standard of work by many learners is high
“Qualifications gained through adult learning are hugely important for job seekers. By offering progression into employment, RALSS has the potential to change lives and has helped some learners back into employment after long periods out of the workplace. RALSS is seen as a lifeline to some people. Learning about the importance of timeliness, how to put together a CV and interview techniques often gives people a great confidence boost. We provide new chances for people whose previous experiences with education may not have been positive. We have a brilliant team and the students are at the heart of everything RALSS does, which is clear from the results.”
Dr Tim O’Neill, Director for People at Rutland County Council
RALSS works in partnership with Peterborough Regional College to offer apprenticeships and workplace learning qualifications covering a wide range of sectors, including:
- Support Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Early Years and Childcare
- Health and Social Care
- Business Administration
- Customer Service
- Catering and Hospitality
RALSS is also an accredited centre for the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT), offering courses for AAT Certificates in Accounting Level 2 and 3 to open doors to chartered accountancy, university, self-employment and more.
Success rates for RALSS learners are well above the national average:
- GCSE success rate for all learners of 97%
- All RALSS qualification success rate of 92%
- Apprenticeships success of 79%
- Community Learning 93% success
Autumn courses at RALSS will be advertised from 1 July on the Rutland Adult Learning and Skills Service website.
For more information, contact us by telephone on 01572 758122 or by email at email@example.com.