MyAccount, due to launch at the end of July, is a new way for people living in Rutland to self-serve and track the progress of requests they make to our services online.
MyAccount will be the quickest and easiest way to interact with us - you won’t have to call, email or visit our offices to ask for the service you need.
You'll be able to use MyAccount at any time that suits you, from any device that’s connected to the internet.
Why should I use MyAccount?
If you register, we'll remember your details so you will be able to review any enquiries you have raised, and track their progress in one place. You will also be able to see information linked to your address – for example your bin collection days and elected ward members.
Registered users will also be able to track the progress of any reports or requests they’ve made, and will receive email / text alerts whenever there’s an update.
What will I be able use MyAccount for?
You will be able to use MyAccount to make service enquiries, track how far they’ve progressed and make online payments for some services.
The services that will be available when MyAccount launches are:
- Report a missed bin
- Report a problem with my bin
- Request a new bin
- Get help to put my bins out
- Register to use the household waste and recycling centres (tips)
- Take away large household items
- Report a problem with a road
- Report a problem with street furniture
- Report a problem with a tree, hedge or bush
- Report a problem with rubbish and graffiti
You'll be able to view the following in one place:
- Your Council Tax or Business Rates bill
- Your instalments
- Your payments
- Your balance
- Your benefit claim (if you have one)
- The date and the amount of your next benefit payment
- Details of any overpayment of benefit
- Tell us you’ve moved into a new address
- Tell is you’ve moved out of your current address
- Submit an enquiry about a service that’s not currently available through MyAccount
- Comment on a service received
- Comment on MyAccount
Why is the Council launching this?
We want to make it as quick and easy as possible for people living in Rutland to use our services.
MyAccount will send updates to you on how your service request is progressing, meaning you won’t have to wait in a call queue for an update or for up to five working days for an email response.
Improving online access to our services through MyAccount helps us to achieve this aim.
Who can sign up?
Anyone living in Rutland who is aged 16 or over and has an email address will be able to sign up.
Does it work on a mobile/iPad etc.?
Yes, you'll be able to sign up or log in to use MyAccount on any mobile or tablet device that’s connected to the internet.
Will it be accessibility friendly?
We used government guidance on how to make websites accessible when developing and building MyAccount.
An accessibility statement, which explains how we meet the national accessibility standards will be published on the MyAccount site, which you will be able to view without having to register first.