Rutland County Council is a unitary authority responsible for local government in the historic county of Rutland, in the East Midlands of England.
The current council was created in April 1997.
The population of the county at the 2011 census was 37,369.
As a unitary authority, we are responsible for most local services in Rutland.
Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service and Leicestershire Police are run by joint boards with Leicestershire County Council and Leicester City Council.
We have a simple council structure that enables us to provide high quality services to the community and operate in the most efficient manner possible.
The Chief Executive of Rutland County Council is Mark Andrews.
We have Directors who are responsible for our service areas:
View the latest structure chart for our senior management team
Our staff headcount as of 1 July 2020:
- Part-time: 199
- Full-time: 256
- Total: 455
- Full time equivalent: 373.6
Temporary / casual staff
- Part-time: 65
- Full-time: 2
- Total: 67
- Full time equivalent: 3.6
Total number of staff
- Part-time: 264
- Full-time: 258
- Total: 522
- Full time equivalent: 377.22
Included in the figures are employees who:
- are on maternity or paternity leave
- only work part of the year
- are being paid at the reference point
- are on paid sick leave (being paid either in full or part)
- are on paid special leave
The figures do not include:
- agency workers, contractors and interims paid through an agency
- those on unpaid leave (including those on unpaid sick leave)
- voluntary workers
- former employees only receiving a pension
- employees who only work part of the year (those on casual or annualised hours, if they are not being paid at the reference point)
- employees on career breaks
Parish and town councils
Parish and town councils are also responsible for providing local services, such as:
- public toilets
- playing fields
- village halls
- war memorials
- grounds maintenance (where parishes have taken over responsibility within 30mph limits)
- litter and dog waste bin provision