The following privacy notice applies to School Transport.
- Date of birth
- School preferences
- Contact details
- Medical and additional needs
- NHS number
Agencies we might share the information with:
- Local government
- Education providers
- Other local authorities
- Department for Education
- Other Education Teams
- School transport operators
Purpose for processing:
- ·Service delivery,
- ·Service improvement and planning
- ·Prevention and detection of crime or fraud
- ·Research using anonymised data only
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the legal bases we rely on for processing personal information for general purposes are:
- Consent - The processing is at the consent of the data subject.
- Legal Obligation - The processing is necessary to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
- Public Task - The processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or an official function, with a clear basis in law.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the legal basis we rely on for processing special personal information for general purposes are:
- Public Health - The processing is necessary for the delivery of Health and Social Care Services.
Use of your NHS number in education
If you are receiving education then the NHS may share your NHS number with the local authority.
This is so the NHS and the local authority are using the same number to identify you while providing your education.
By using the same number the NHS and the local authority can work together more closely to improve your education and support.
We'll use this number in an integrated care record system across a number of support services including GPs, hospitals, community matrons, district nurses and social care practitioners.
It will also be shared with statutory education services for the provision of targeted education for children and young people.
If you want to opt-out from the use of your NHS number for education purposes, please talk with your social worker, or by contacting us on 01572 722577 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.