Highway and Transport Concerns Process
The following relates to any personal data that may be provided in order to progress (through all stages) a highway or transport related concern (including parking) submitted through the Highway and Transport concern process.
Personal information collected:
- Contact telephone number
- Contact email address
Who we might share the information with:
- Other teams and officers within the council in order to provide a service to you, to ensure our records are kept up to date or otherwise where we are required to do so under other legislation.
- Ward Members that may have interest in/ or be impacted by the proposal
- Town councils, parish councils or meetings that may have interest in/ or be impacted by the proposal
- The Portfolio Holder for Culture & Leisure, Highways & Transportation and Road Safety
- Any external consultants (working on our behalf) to undertake feasibility studies and/or design work
- The emergency services, for input or action on the concern raised
- We may also share the data with third parties if we are required by law to do so, this may include the Police or Government Agencies.
- Members of the Highways and Transport Working Group
- Council Cabinet
Purpose for processing:
- Service delivery
- Service improvement
- Processing requests for service
- Identifying concerns
- Developing feasibility studies relating to concerns raised
- Implementing measures to address concerns raised
- Creating Traffic Regulation Orders associated with any required works
- Providing progress updates
- Monitoring scheme success
- Acknowledging, acting on and responding to public feedback on schemes
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the legal bases we rely on for processing personal information for general purposes are:
- Consent: the individual has given clear consent for you to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
- Public task: the processing is necessary for you to perform a task in the public interest or for your official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
Personal data will be retained for up to 2 years after a decision has been made regarding a concern raised.