The following privacy notice applies to the Education Welfare Service.
- Education Information
- Child in Care Status
- Disability/Additional needs
- Contact details
- Family Composition
- Attendance Data
- NHS number
Agencies we might share the information with:
- Education Providers
- Children's Social Care
- Family Solutions
- Youth Offending Service
- Statutory Assessment Service
- Other Local Authorities
- Health Agencies
- Education Psychology Service
- External companies commissioned by Rutland schools and academies
- Rutland County Council Legal Services (Peterborough City Council)
- Other Education Teams
Purpose for processing: Service delivery, service improvement and planning, prevention and detection of crime or fraud and research using anonymised data only.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the legal bases we rely on for processing personal information for general purposes are:
- Consent - The processing is at the consent of the data subject.
- Public Task - The processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or an official function, with a clear basis in law.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the legal basis we rely on for processing special personal information for general purposes are:
- Public Health - The processing is necessary for the delivery of Health and Social Care Services.
Use of your NHS number in education
If you are receiving education then the NHS may share your NHS number with the local authority
This is so the NHS and the local authority are using the same number to identify you while providing your education.
By using the same number the NHS and the local authority can work together more closely to improve your education and support.
We'll use this number in an integrated care record system across a number of support services including GPs, hospitals, community matrons, district nurses and social care practitioners.
It will also be shared with statutory education services for the provision of targeted education for children and young people.
If you want to opt-out from the use of your NHS number for education purposes, please talk with your social worker, or by contacting us on 01572 722577 or email: email@example.com