The following privacy notice applies to Adoption.
- Date of Birth
- Medical information
- NHS Number
- Contact details
- Family Network
- Support Network
- Previous relationships
- Relationship history
- Financial information
- Criminal history (if applicable)
- Information from the Local Authority from where you live and previously lived
- Education (yours and your child’s)
Agencies we might share information with:
- Adoption Agency and relevant social care employees
- Adoption Medical Adviser (commissioned from NHS Trust)
- Local Authorities
- Adoption agencies (including Voluntary Adoption Agencies)
- Leicestershire County Council – as they are our Adoption Providers
- Department for Education
- Health Agencies
Purpose for processing:
- Service delivery
- Service Improvement
- Prevention/Detection of Crime/Fraud
- Service Planning/Research
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the legal bases we rely on for processing personal information for general purposes are:
- Legal Obligation - The processing is necessary to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
- Vital Interest – The processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of a data subject or another person.
- Public Task - The processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or an official function, with a clear basis in law.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the legal basis we rely on for processing special personal information for general purposes are:
- Public Health - The processing is necessary for the delivery of Health and Social Care Services.
Use of your NHS Number in Children Social Care
If you are receiving support from adult social care then the NHS may share your NHS number with Childrens Social Care. This is so that the NHS and adult social care are using the same number to identify you whilst providing your care.
By using the same number the NHS and Childrens social care can work together more closely to improve your care and support.
We will use this Number in an integrated care record system across a number of support services including GP’s, hospitals, community matrons, district nurses and social care practitioners.
If you wish to opt-out from the use of your NHS Number for social care purposes, please talk with your social worker, by contacting us on 01572 722577 or email email@example.com .