Date Published: 09 August 2021
Rutland County Council has been advised of a temporary reduction of bus services on the Service 12 route operated by Centrebus between Stamford and Uppingham.
As a result of driver shortages caused by COVID-19 and the requirement for staff to isolate if notified, Centrebus will operate a reduced afternoon timetable for the Service 12 bus from Monday 9August. This temporary change may be in place for the next two weeks.
During this time, the 15:40 mid-afternoon bus from Uppingham to Stamford will not be running. Other journeys on the Service 12 route for passengers travelling between Stamford and Uppingham or Uppingham to Stamford will operate as usual.
Rutland County Council and Centrebus are advising that passengers to check timetables for all Centrebus services before travelling, particularly over the next fortnight.
This can be done by visiting
Centrebus website: www.centrebus.info
going to: bustimes.org/operators/centrebus-north-ltd.
You can also contact @CentrebusLive on Twitter or telephone: 0844 351 1120.
Bus passengers are asked to continue wearing a face covering throughout their journey, unless exemptions apply to them. Operators also advise:
- Anyone displaying any symptoms of Coronavirus should follow the Government's advice to stay at home and self-isolate for 10 days, and do not travel on bus services.
- Try to avoid travelling at peak times, if possible, to help with social distancing.
- When boarding, allow any passengers leaving the bus to get off first and then board one passenger at a time.
- Where possible, customers should use contactless payment to reduce the amount of personal contact with the driver.
- Windows should be left open to increase the air flow and ventilation.
- Do not eat or drink on the bus.
Rutland County Council’s Transport team has been working closely with Centrebus and other local operators throughout the COVID-19 pandemic to maintain and support services, as well as to ensure that any disruption caused by the pandemic is kept to a minimum and that passengers can travel as safely as possible.Further information about bus times and travel in Rutland is available on the Rutland County Council website at: www.rutland.gov.uk/buses.