Date Published: 18 October 2017
Foodies from far and wide are being encouraged to enjoy Rutland Food and Drink Week, taking place from Saturday 21st to Sunday 29th October.
Organised by Discover Rutland, the Rutland Food and Drink Week is being launched to celebrate food and drink providers from across the county, with visitors able to enjoy a wide range of culinary attractions, including tasting events, beer festivals, special offers and live music at local venues and much more.
As part of the celebrations, there will also be a chance to meet local chefs, bakers, brewers and farmers to find out more about their produce. Award-winning local pub The Olive Branch is also offering a special dining experience courtesy of some of the county’s most prominent chefs.
“The Rutland Food and Drink festival has always been a hit with local residents and visitors but we wanted to make it bigger and better this year by introducing a whole week of activities for all ages. We are thrilled by the response from local businesses who have got involved and help us grow the celebrations and hope people enjoy all the events that are being laid on throughout the week.”
Councillor Alan Walters, Portfolio Holder for Culture and Leisure
Rutland Food and Drink Week will culminate on Sunday 29th October with a day-long food and drink spectacular organised by Oakham Town Partnership, spilling out from Oakham Castle into the Market Place and down to Victoria Hall on Oakham High Street.
Events taking place as part of the first ever Rutland Food and Drink Week include:
- Uppingham Beer Festival – Friday 20th to Sunday 22nd
- Meet the Roaster at Two Chimps Coffee – Monday 23rd
- Meet the Baker at Hambleton Bakery – Monday 23rd to Friday 27th
- Meet the Brewer at The Grainstore, Oakham – Tuesday 24th
- Talk and Taste: Meet the Brewer – Wednesday 25th
- Rutland’s Best Chefs in One Kitchen – Thursday 26th
- Govannen – Celtic Music – Friday 27th
- Meet the Farmer, Butcher and Sausage Maker – Saturday 28th
Details about Rutland Food and Drink Week can be found on the Discover Rutland website.