Home > My Council > Council News > Enquiries About Council Tax Bands

Enquiries About Council Tax Bandings

Date Published: 12 March 2019

We've received a number of calls from people who've watched the recent edition of The Martin Lewis Money Show, which talked about reclaiming Council Tax for properties that have been placed in the wrong Council Tax Band. 

If you believe your property is in the wrong Council Tax Band, please contact the Valuation Office Agency. 

The Valuation Office Agency will consider if you are able to appeal your property's band.

If you are successful they will inform us of the change. We will then automatically provide you with a refund.  

Contact the Valuation Office Agency

Was this information helpful?
Was this information helpful?