Date Published: 18 September 2020
Rutland County Council has confirmed two changes to the division of Portfolio Holder responsibilities on its Cabinet.
Following an announcement at Full Council on Monday 14 September 2020, responsibility for the Council’s Environmental Services has been transferred from Councillor Gordon Brown to Councillor Lucy Stephenson.
Responsibility for Property Services has also been transferred from Councillor Gordon Brown to Councillor Oliver Hemsley.
As a result of these changes, Cabinet Member titles are now as follows:
- Cllr Oliver Hemsley, Leader and Portfolio Holder for Rutland One Public Estate & Growth, Tourism & Economic Development, Property, Communications and Resources (other than Finance)
- Cllr Gordon Brown Deputy Leader and Portfolio Holder for Planning and Finance
- Cllr Lucy Stephenson, Portfolio Holder for Culture & Leisure, Highways, Transportation & Road Safety and Environment
- Cllr Alan Walters, Portfolio Holder for Safeguarding – Adults, Public Health, Health Commissioning & Community Safety
- Cllr David Wilby, Portfolio Holder for Children’s Services and Education
“The changes we have made to Cabinet roles are important because they will give us the opportunity to align planning and decision making where we have services with considerable overlaps. For example, the change to Cllr Stephenson’s Portfolio means that Environmental Services will now be overseen by the same Cabinet Member with responsibility for Highways and Public Transport, where there are clear synergies. Similarly, locating Property Services within the same Portfolio as Economic Development means that we can be more joined up in our long-term plans for economic growth.”
Councillor Hemsley, Leader of Rutland County Council
The full agenda and reports for Full Council on Monday 14 September can be viewed on our Meetings page.
Minutes from the meeting will be published online within seven days of the meeting date.