Our customer services team are here to answer your enquiries over the telephone and through email.
The walk-in customer services centre at our Oakham offices is closed, so you are not able to make face to face enquiries at this time.We can still receive documents by post but please note this may take longer to action due to many members of RCC staff still working from home.
Monday to Thursday, 9:00am to 12:30pm and 2:00pm to 5:00pm
Friday, 9:00am to 12:30pm and 2:00pm to 4.30pm
T: 01572 722577
There is also an emergency support line for enquiries outside of these hours - Harborough Lifeline:
T: 01858 464499
If you are vulnerable or self-isolating and have no one to get you food or medicines, call our crisis helpline: 01572 729603 Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm, Friday 9am to 4.30pm
Your Council - our commitment
Serving our customers is what we are here to do - we want our customers to have a positive experience. All staff are guided by a framework of standards and behaviour that support good services to customers. We want to meet their need or concern.
Our Service Values
We want to provide as high a standard of customer service as possible whenever you contact us.
We aim to:
- make it easy to contact us by providing convenient access channels (telephone, email and online) to council services
- make sure our customer service team are courteous and professional at all times
- provide an efficient service to you
- present our services in an environment that reflects our standards of customer care
- promote good relationships between the Council and our customers
What you can expect from us...
If you phone us we will:
- Provide you with service options and make every effort to put you in touch with the service you require
- Provide a Voicemail Service in certain circumstances to avoid you holding for a significant period of time
- We will aim to action your voicemail within 1 working day
- Tell you who you are speaking to
If you email or write to us:
- We aim to respond to you within 10 working days
For visitors by appointment, where we are able to offer a face to face service we will:
- Deal with you promptly, aiming to keep your waiting time to a maximum of five minutes
- Make a private interview room available where necessary and safe to do so
- Please note we may not be able to see visitors who arrive without an appointment unless the request is extremely urgent
If we have to arrange to visit your home or business we will:
Our Customer Care Standards leaflet has been removed for updating.
- Visit according to a time pre-arranged with you
- Carry formal identification and ensure we display this before entering your premises
- Be mindful that we are a guest at your home or business
- Follow any restriction recommendations still in place either by government or as you feel comfortable