We're holding a competition for budding photographers of all ages to have their snaps featured on a new Rutland County Council website, which will be launched at the end of 2022.
To help put your stamp on the new site, we're asking you to send us photos that we can feature on our new homepage, based around the theme ‘living in Rutland’.
This could be a photo of your favourite place to visit, a particular piece of scenery, how you like spending your spare time in Rutland or something that reminds you of your community.
There are three categories to enter in our Website Photography Competition:
- Children aged 14 and under
- Amature photographers aged 14 and over
- Professional photogrpahers
How to enter
You can enter up to three of your favourite photos by sending them to email@example.com. Your email should also clearly state your name, date of birth, contact details and the category you are entering.
Photos must be between 1 and 3 megabytes (mb) in size. The closeing date for entries is 31 October 2022.
Please read our full Terms & Conditions before entering. If you have any questions about the competition or how to take part, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deciding the winners
After the closing date for entires, a shortlisting panel will judge all the photos before choosing a winner and two runners up from the three categories. Winners will be contacted and announced at the beginning of November.
All those shortlisted will have their photos showcased on the homepage of the new website throughout 2023 and be presented with a certificate.
The overall winners of each category will also receive a £50 shopping voucher. Runners up will each receive a £25 voucher.
Please read the full Terms & Conditions below, before entering our Website Photography Competition:
You agree that if you are a winner or commended photographer you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity, for example, the publication of photograph(s) with your name on Rutland County Council’s website, on social media and in press releases issued by Rutland County Council.
By entering the competition, you agree to the provisions of these terms and conditions and to comply fully with them.
The competition is open to anyone except those directly involved with the competition and judging (including their families and relatives).
If you are under the age of 18 you must have permission to enter from your parent or guardian.
By submitting an entry for the competition, your parent/carer/guardian is deemed to have given such consent and to agree to the use of the entry as described in these terms and conditions.
The closing date for submissions is 31 October 2022. Any submissions received after this time will not be eligible. Please note that sending is not proof of receipt.
The Organisers cannot be held responsible for emails that do not arrive due to the entrant’s email security settings or restrictions placed by their Internet service provider.
Your entry must be submitted digitally via an email to email@example.com along with your name, contact details, date of birth, a brief description of your entry (including location) and the category you are entering. No other forms of entry will be accepted.
By submitting images to Rutland County Council’s Website Photography Competition, each entrant confirms and warrants that:
- They are the sole author of each entry and that it is their original work
- They own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image
- They have the permission of anyone pictured in the image (or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required by Rutland County Council and will indemnify Rutland County Council against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement
- They have not licensed or disposed of any rights in the image that would conflict with uses to be made by Rutland County Council
- They have received any necessary permissions from the owner(s) of objects including buildings included in submitted images for the usage rights required by Rutland County Council and will indemnify Rutland County Council against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement.
- Rutland County Council has permission to use the imagery provided on its website as long as full credit is given to the image owner
- If you are a winner or commended photographer you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity, for example, the publication of photograph(s) with your name on Rutland County Council’s website, social media channels and any press releases issued.
What to enter
- Photographs must be a minimum 1MB – maximum 3MB file. Photos entered must not have been a ‘winner’ in any other photographic competition.
- A maximum of three entries may be entered per applicant. No image may be entered into more than one of the categories.
- An image will be rejected if it appears to have been taken in an irresponsible way.
- All images should be taken within Rutland with details of location included in the submission.
- Rutland County Council reserves the right to remove or refuse any entries from the competition for any reason.
A panel of Judges will select images based upon a range of categories including the composition, how thought provoking, eye catching and how well the entry can be used on the Council''s website.
Judging will be made up of selected Rutland County Council staff and members as well as a local photographer. Judges will assess entries to establish category winners and two runner ups in each category.
The decision of the organisers is final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the competition’s judging and organisation.
Announcement of winners
Judges will choose the winners and runner ups of each category and Rutland County Council will contact and announce the chosen entries from 7th November.
By entering the competition, you grant Rutland County Council a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence to reproduce, enlarge, publish or exhibit your image for the following uses:
- On Rutland County Council's website, its social media channels and Rutland County Council’s email communications, including press releases.
- In Rutland County Council’s e-magazine and internal publications.
- In the press for the purposes of publicising this photography competition and the promotion of Rutland County Council website.
- The organisers will make every reasonable effort to ensure that name credits are given to any photograph published in any medium.
We will keep your details on our secure database to enable us to use your images (see usage rights) and send you information about the photography competition.
Indemnity and Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Rutland County Council excludes its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly and howsoever caused, in connection with the competition and use of any prize.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude Rutland County Council’s liability for death or personal injury arising from Rutland County Council’s own negligence or any other liability that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded. This liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
You agree to indemnify Rutland County Council and keep Rutland County Council indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by Rutland County Council as a result of your entry in the competition, including (but not limited to) any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights made by any third party.
The information given in these Terms & Conditions is correct, but Rutland County reserves the right to change any of it without prior notice. By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. Any breach of these Terms by an entrant will void their entry. If a breach has occurred but is discovered after the award of a prize, then the organisers may require the return of that prize.
You agree that if you are a winner or runner up photographer you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity, for example, the publication of photograph(s) with your name on Rutland County Council’s website, social media channels and press releases.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Prize Terms and Conditions
There will be one overall winner in each category. These winners will receive a £50 shopping voucher, a certificate and their photography will be featured on Rutland County Council’s new website.
There will also be two runner ups in each category. These runner ups will receive a £25 shopping vouchers, a certificate and will have their photography included on Rutland County Council’s new website.
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
Rutland County Council will contact all winners and runner ups directly by the contact details given in their entry submission. If Rutland County Council cannot contact winners or runner ups via the contact details given to them due to wrong information given or unavailability for up to 10 days then this may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
The Organiser reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Organiser’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Organiser.
The competition and these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You and the Promoter irrevocably agree that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim or matter or to settle any dispute which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms & Conditions and that accordingly any proceedings may be brought in such courts