Tourism Signs

Tourist signs on motorways and trunk roads such as the A1, A1(M) are the responsibility of the Highway Agency. We are responsible for tourist signs on all A, B and C class roads and most unclassified roads.

For a new tourist sign, the applicant should check that their tourist destination satisfied the following criteria:

  • Tourist destination
  • Attraction quality
  • Location of attraction

The application fee is a non-refundable upfront payment for the assessment of the site. If approved, the sign/s are provided at your own expense, including the cost of design, installation, and a commuted sum for the future maintenance and repair of the sign.

Please see the application form for specific details and costs.

Tourist attraction application form

Tourist facility application form

Please see our signs and street furniture policy for more information
Was this information helpful?
Was this information helpful?
Was this information helpful?