Road Signs

Road signs on all motorways and trunk roads are the responsibility of Highways England. We are responsible for signs on all other A, B and C class roads and most unclassified roads.

Report a problem

If the issue is causing an immediate danger to the safety of road users, it is classified as an emergency; please contact Rutland County Council on 01572 722 577

If you would like to report online please use our FixMyStreet Service

Signs provided and funded by Rutland County Council

  • Advisory signs - such as reduce speed now, village name plates (with safety message), unsuitable for heavy goods vehicles;
  • Direction signs - to guide and direct traffic;
  • Information signs - weight limit ahead, diversion signs etc;
  • Regulatory signs - such as speed limit, waiting restrictions; and
  • Warning signs – bend, junction, road narrows, ice, etc.
  • Car park signs (for car parks owned and managed by district councils);
  • Pedestrian finger post signs (in certain locations); and
  • Street name plates.
Tourism signs and Neighbourhood watch signs are funded by an applicant for further information please see the tourism signs page
Please see our signs and street furniture policy for more information
Was this information helpful?
Was this information helpful?
Was this information helpful?